Terms and Conditions – Host Family
- All students must be made to feel welcome and be a part of the family life
- A clean and tidy room must be provided with fresh bed linen and towels weekly. This room must have a comfortable full size bed, adequate heat, light and ventilation with storage for the students’ clothes and belongings and a place for the student to study in peace.
- Host families should be available to assist the student upon arrival with familiarising themselves with your house and locality.
- Students may find our climate cold so please offer extra blankets if required.
- A clean bathroom with hot water and fresh towels must be available for the student’s use.
- Let your student know what times are convenient to use the bathroom and inform them that hot water may not be available throughout the whole day
- Familiarize your students with your house rules (washing clothes, meal times, use of the computer and internet, phone usage, curfew, kitchen hours, house key responsibility, etc.).
- Students’ laundry is included. Agree on when the students may access the washer and dryer.
- Students over 18 years old should be provided with a house key.
- Students should access to internet where possible
- Make a small amount of time each day to converse with your student to help with their English as well as making them feel part of the family
- Provide an adequate continental breakfast each day.
- Provide a substantial dinner each night and a light lunch at weekends for students who have booked the half-board option.
- If students are not home by the meal time, their meal should be prepared for them to heat in microwave.
- Please note some students may have special dietary requirements. Should this be the case we will inform you at the time of booking
- Education State will pay host families. This payment is made by electronic transfer to the account number provided to Education State.
- Payments will be made one day before your student arrives.
- Payments are made every 4 weeks. First payment is always made for one week. If both parties are happy by the end of the first week, rest of the payment will be completed.
- Rooms booked in host families for extra days, over and above or below will be charged on a nightly basis.
- In the event that the student does not settle in the chosen home, the student may request a change of family or may have to cut their stay short. In such instances the host family will be paid accordingly for the number of nights of their visit at a daily.
- Incase you are fully paid and your student decided to leave early, remaining balance will be used as a credit for our next booking.
- Host families should not discuss personal finances or room and board payments with students. This information is confidential.
- Host families should never accept payment directly from students or make any arrangements with students. If students comes with an offer to host families, students should be directed to Education State.
- In case of any personal arrangement with students, you will be removed from our host family list.