Terms and Conditions – Host Family
- All students must be made to feel welcome and be a part of the family life
- A clean and tidy room must be provided with fresh bed linen and towels weekly. This room must have a comfortable full size bed, adequate heat, light and ventilation with storage for the students’ clothes and belongings and a place for the student to study in peace.
- Host families should be available to assist the student upon arrival with familiarising themselves with your house and locality.
- Students may find our climate cold so please offer extra blankets if required.
- A clean bathroom with hot water and fresh towels must be available for the student’s use.
- Let your student know what times are convenient to use the bathroom and inform them that hot water may not be available throughout the whole day
- Familiarize your students with your house rules (washing clothes, meal times, use of the computer and internet, phone usage, curfew, kitchen hours, house key responsibility, etc.).
- Students’ laundry is included. Agree on when the students may access the washer and dryer.
- Students over 18 years old should be provided with a house key.
- Students should access to internet where possible
- Make a small amount of time each day to converse with your student to help with their English as well as making them feel part of the family
- Provide an adequate continental breakfast each day.
- Provide a substantial dinner each night and a light lunch at weekends for students who have booked the half-board option.
- If students are not home by the meal time, their meal should be prepared for them to heat in microwave.
- Please note some students may have special dietary requirements. Should this be the case we will inform you at the time of booking
- Education State will pay host families. This payment is made by electronic transfer to the account number provided to Education State.
- Payments are made every 4 weeks.
- Payments will be made 3 days before your student’s departure date.
- In the event that the student does not settle in the chosen home, the student may request a change of family or may have to cut their stay short. In such instances the host family will be paid accordingly for the number of nights of their visit at a daily.
- Host families should not discuss personal finances or room and board payments with students. This information is confidential.